The Graduate Association of Political Scientists (GAPS) is the student organization for graduate students involved in political science degree programs. It hosts monthly meetings with informational sessions, seminars on health and wellness, professional development activities, and social activities.
Maintaining self-care is of utmost importance during stressful times in graduate school, so GAPS provides informational sessions on the variety of counseling services and fitness activities available on campus. We also offer informal social activities so that students can begin what are sometimes lifelong friendships with others in the program. In the space below we provide a small sample of the GAPS activities.
- Teaching Training: techniques and tools for online education
- Job Placement: Alternatives to academia for Political Science PhD students; How to navigate the academic job market
- Inclusion, Diversity and Equity: Safe Space Training by the LGBTQ Resource Center.
- Research: Writing (and completing) a dissertation
- Fall and spring semester welcome events
- End-of-the-year lunches
- Soccer in the Quad