Political Science Academic Advisor Rebecca Fallon has won the Excellence in Academic Advising Award for the 2019-20 academic year. This award goes to an academic advisor who has met the following criteria.
- Demonstration of a caring attitude toward students
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and life goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to engage in developmental advising (career and life planning)
- Behavior designed to build a strong relationship with students
- Availability to students and other advisors
- Frequency of contact with students
- Seeking out students in informal settings
- Use of appropriate referrals
- Attendance and support of advisors’ developmental programs
- Perception by colleagues of nominee’s advising skills
- Enhancing programs for the direct benefit of students
Rebecca has met all of these requirements as she works diligently with our political science students day-in and day-out. She continues to represent the political science department well at all times.